Swim Safety Guidance
Please read carefully:
- All swimmers must be able to swim 400m non stop in a swimming pool before being able to participate in open water swimming coaching sessions.
- No entry into the water will be allowed until all safety arrangements are in place and the session leader has indicated that it is safe to do so
- Wetsuits will be mandatory for coaching sessions unless the water is above 22 degrees.
- We recommend that you wear a bright swim hat so that you are easily visible.
- We will not operate coaching sessions if the water temperature drops below 11 degrees Celsius.
- If you are unwell please do do not swim and give as much notice as possible to re arrange the session.
- Swimmers will use a defined course set by the session leader– using landmarks where Buoys etc are not available
- If you get into distress, lie on your back and raise one arm to enable someone to come to your aid.
- If you have any pre existing injuries that effect your swimming please notify the coach prior to booking sessions.
- Under 16’s must be accompanied by a responsible adult.
- You are responsible for your property and belongings during coaching sessions we do take any responsibility for the security of your property.
- All sessions will finish at the allotted time
- At each session a First Aid kit should be available